Gemstones or crystals can surround us with positive energy; just looking at them can even bring us happiness and feel so soothing. These beauties are also known for their healing power, soothing calming and cleansing effect and for grounding the feeling of connection and protection. Today, gemstones are often used during a face massage to balance the mind and treat the body.
Gemstones, also known as jewels, precious or semiprecious stones, are minerals, rocks, or organic matters that have been selected for their beauty, resilience, and rarity. These are cut and polished to make jewellery or other ornaments used for decorative reasons. Gemstones are distinct in their beauty and are available in impressive diversity of shades and colours. Some gemstones lack beauty. Seen in their rough state, they might look like a normal rock but after skilled cutting and polishing the colour and shine can be seen.
In our practice, we implement and use many tools that are made of gemstones like guashas and rollers. We obviously use these because we personally believe in their healing powers and the benefits they brings on many levels, for instance on the skin, reducing stress levels and empowering us…
Here’s a short list of our most used stones and their benefits:
- Rose quartz: purifies and opens the heart at all levels. It’s good for inner healing, clear complexion and serenity. Quartz is love and compassion. It was the favoured crystal for ancient Egyptians in anti-ageing and rejuvenation treatments.
- Clear quartz: also known as the master healer. It’s often paired with other stones to amplify its effect. It has benefits on the skin, memory and concentration and brings the whole being to balance and spiritual growth.
- Amethyst: it is a protective crystal that eases day-to-day stress, calms inflammation and is really good for treating acne-prone skin.
- Black obsidian: a magnificent stone for power, protection, and grounding. It keeps you bound to the here and now and feeling a sense of strength and inner confidence. It also keeps negative energies away and gives you the courage to face your inner truth.
- Aventurine: it has an anti-inflammatory effect. It eases skin irritations, allergies and migraines. It also soothes the eyes and brings optimism, creativity and confidence.
Crystals can awaken, boost, amplify, open up our energy (chakras) and raise our own vibrations so we become an “enhanced” version of ourselves. They help us reach our real potential and make our energy work towards achieving our goals. Gemstones help us to connect with ourselves, find the inner power to love and receive, protect and fight, find inspiration and focus our mind, heal and create, express in a way to bring joy and fullness to our life…
In the Natural Facelift treatment at the studio, we will find for you the gemstone that suits you and your skin.